- Complete the application form and secure the required materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Send completed application and materials to: Scholarship Committee, Memorial Foundation for the Blind, Inc., 799 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606.
- Completed application must be postmarked no later than 9 days before the next Board Meeting in order to give the Board Members time to review the application prior to the board meeting.
- All applicants will be notified of the decision within 6 weeks of the board meeting.
Terms and conditions of scholarship award:
- The applicant must be a resident of Worcester County. (For students living on campus, residence is defined as the students HOME town.)
- The applicant must be a student who is blind or visually impaired within the legal definition of blindness.
- Scholarships will be awarded for one (1) academic year on a needs/merit basis.
- The award of scholarships and scholarship amount will be at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee and the approval of the Board of Directors upon receipt of all supporting documents. A scholarship may be awarded up to the amount of $3,000.00.
- A scholarship recipient may apply for renewal, using the same process outlined herein. The applicant is expected to be in good academic standing according to the academic cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) established by the prospective college/university.
- Payment will be made directly to the recipient upon enrollment.
- A personal interview may be required at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- In fulfilling its role in the awarding of scholarships, the Scholarship Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, ethnic background, or socioeconomic status.
All materials received by the Scholarship Committee will remain confidential to that committee.
Please submit the following materials postmarked by the deadline stated above.
- Completed application form. (If you would like to receive the application materials in electronic or Braille format, please contact Larry Raymond at 508-753-8097.)
- Certified transcripts.
- Proof of acceptance at an accredited college, university or technical school.
- A letter from the institution of higher education showing your admission as well as good academic standing.
- Proof of legal blindness (MCB Certificate of Blindness).
- Proof of residency in Worcester County.
- List of all other scholarships applied for (include name and address of scholarship/organization or foundation.
- C or above average (this does not include first-year students)